2015 - 2017
EU-preneurs project was created by the teachers of four European schools: Narva Keeltelütseum (Estonia), Vrij Technisch Instituut Zandhoven (Belgium), Solski center Srecka Kosovela Sezana (Slovenia) and V.Pludona Kuldigas gimnazija (Latvia). All the future partners met at the Erasmus+ contact seminar „Interdisciplinary approach in teaching and learning to promote learners creativity and entrepreneurship skills“ (10 -13 September 2014, Latvia). All the teachers are experienced in coordination and supporting students' mini-companies (Junior Achievement programme).
The main project idea was to develop the concept of international mini-companies, to test students' international mini-companies and to work out on-line tool for similar initiatives. The project methodology is based on Creative Entrepreneurship curriculum (Slovenia) and the research “The Development of Teachers’ Professional Competence in Interdisciplinary Study Environment for Linking Learning to Real Life and Promoting Students’ Entrepreneurship” within ESF project “Support to Education Research” (University of Latvia and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia).
The project supported development of students’ key competences, critical thinking, problem solving, reasoning, analysis, interpretation, synthesizing information, research skills and practices, curiosity, imagination, innovation, personal expression, perseverance, self-direction, planning, self-discipline, adaptability, initiative, public speaking and presenting, listening, leadership, teamwork, collaboration, cooperation, virtual workspaces, information and communication technology (ITC) literacy, media and internet literacy, visual interpretation, data interpretation and analysis, computer programming, economic and financial
There were 32 students and 21 teachers taking part in the project activities directly. The international learning activities were milestones of the project that allowed the international mini-companies establish contacts, work together, have learning sessions on business-planning, product development, marketing, financial planning, etc. Each project year there were 3 international companies of 4 members (one from each country). Members of the first year companies will become mentors for the second year companies.
The project team worked out Online tool for supporting development of students' international mini-companies - a working document for teachers to support pupils in secondary education to be better prepared for entrepreneurship / economic courses in higher education and entering a labour market: http://eupreneurs.splet.arnes.si/. The tool contains best practices of the project, learning materials to be used for international mini-companies, recommendations, examples from real life, texts and tasks.
The project outcomes:
1. The project On-line tool in English - http://eupreneurs.splet.arnes.si
2. The students from partner institutions acquired knowledge in entrepreneurship and experience of working in international mini-companies. The students' feedback demonstrated increase of their interest in entrepreneurship and their better ability to apply their knowledge to real-life situations and being equipped for full participation in society.
3. 32 students took part in international learning programmes
4. 6 international mini-companies were established and they developed their business-plans, made prototypes of their products, worked our promotional materials.
5. 21 teachers took part in development of the project on-line tool and prepation and carrying our international learning programmes.
The project results are implemented in further projects and schools' activities.