Entreprenership programme for upper-secondary students "ESTRUS-preneurs"
Estonia-Russia Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2014-202001.11.2019 - 31.10.2020The main project idea is establishing students' cross-border mini-companies, which will work together for one school year and develop their products and services. It is a continuation of Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership project “EU-preneurs”. The present initiative is built on the previous project results, achievements and lessons learnt.There are two partner institutions involved in the project: Narva Language Lyceum and Petrovski College. They are both public educational establishments, active in international cooperation and implementation of innovative practices. In the present project Narva Language Lyceum aims to test, improve and disseminate the model of international mini-companies, which was developed in EU-preneurs project.The project main activities are testing the model of students' cross-border mini-companies and establishing 7 students' cross-border mini-companies. Each company involves 2 participants from each partner school (4 members altogether). The companies meet twice for learning sessions in Sankt-Peterburg and Narva, but most of their work is done virtually. Apart from developing their businesses and learning entrepreneurship the students develop their intercultural communication and distance cooperation skills.The main expected results are increase of students' interest in entrepreneurship and their better ability to apply their knowledge to real-life situations and being equipped for full participation in society. It will decrease the early-school leaving in the end because the school life will become more exciting, practical and effective.The project outputs are an effective model of students' cross-border mini-companies, recommendations for teachers to develop students' entrepreneurship by means of cross-border mini-companies, two international learning programmes for the students' mini-companies.The outputs can be used by other schools for promoting development of students' cross-border companies.The first project learning programme took place in Estonia 26.01.- 01.02.2020.More information: https://www.estoniarussia.eu/projects/estrus-preneurs/19.03.2020
Narva Language Lyceum is an exciting school" (Erasmus+ KA1)
The project "Narva Language Lyceum is an exciting school" was prepared in order to support implementation of "Exciting School" initiative, working out a new development programme of the school, improvement of teachers' competences, modernisation of the school activities and application of a new teaching-learning approach. The project participants were 7 teachers of physics, geography, English and a social pedagogue, who took part in on-site structured courses in different European countries. The project main aspects were supportive learning environments, new technologies, teachers' development and modern ways of learning. The courses were: "Integration and Multiculturality", "A Satisfying School, positive environments and new technologies", "Digital classrooms (making educational flash animations for classroom use)", "Peer Coaching as a Sustainable Source of Professional Development", "Encouraging creative thinking", "Classroom Management Solutions for Teachers: new Methodologies, Effective Motivation, Cooperation and Evaluation Strategies" (with the focus on innovative and effective methods and tools for Project and Competence Based Learning) and "Innovative Teacher – Motivated Student: Collaborative Problem Solving". The programmes took place in Spain, Croatia, Italy, Czech Republic, Portugal and Turkey during the school holidays. All the participants reflected their learning at a website https://nklteachers.pb.online and they provided a training for other school teachers in order to implement the changes in a system way. The project participants received a valuable experience, which influenced their life and work. Their professional and key competences as well as decision-making skills, openness to innovations and changes were improved.The project influenced also the students, because thanks to the teachers' new knowledge and improvements in the school work it became much more interesting and safer to be in the school.For the school this project was a big step and contribution to working out a new development plan and corresponding to the principles of "Exciting school". It also gave us more capacity for working at European/international level (better management skills and strategy for international activities, stronger cooperation with foreign partners, more qualitative preparation and realisation of projects).Meet the participants and learn more about the project here: https://nklteachers.pb.online29.10.2019
Video 1. Oceans—facts and information
Video 2. 10 amazing facts about the ocean
The “Belaya Ladya” international chess tournament among school teams
Russian Chess Federation would like to thank you for participation in the “Belaya Ladya” international chess tournament among school teams!This first-class tournament, held on the Black Sea Coast of Russia, performs a noble mission of promoting chess and search of new young talents.The “Belaya Ladya” unites participants from different countries. We hope to see your school team among the participants in the tournament of 2019!We wish you joy and happiness as well as new victories and the brightest impressions from this sports fest and your stay on the Black Sea Coast of Russia.Sincerely yours,Organizing Committee18.06.2018
Changemakers Academy is a national scale youth project for the people of 15-19 years old that is aimed at developing and popularising social entrepreneurship in Estonia. Participants get a chance to improve their skills and extend their knowledge in marketing and business, as well as meet entrepreneurs and get invaluable real life experience.This year’s competition has already begun, with 12 teams fighting for the title of the most entrepreneurial youngsters out there, as well as this year’s main prize - a trip to the UK. Each team was assigned a real life business case that they have to solve. The task is to find a solution to a problem, which may be the lack of customers, insufficient labor supply or any other issue that a business might face. The participants are judged on how innovative and creative their proposals are.If you think you might be the next year’s winner or if you are simply interested to learn more, you can find out more about the project on the website: https://sev.ee/en/02.03.2018
Internship experience review
Dear Ms. Tšerkašina,My name is Vladyslav Bilan. I am an exchange student from Narva college of University of Tartu.During last three weeks, I had an opportunity to increase my teaching skills and develop myself professionally in Narva Keeltelütseum.By this E-mail, I would like to express my gratitude for the possibilities provided by the school. The teacher's staff I had an honor to get acquainted and work with, proved to be very professional and highly-skilled. The children inspired me by their dedication and motivation.Once again thank you for everything!Best regards,Vladyslav Bilan10.05.2017
Located in the north-east of Estonia Narva Keeltelütseum provides both basic and upper secondary education. We are the biggest school in the county of Ida-Virumaa with more than 950 students.
Our main aim is to provide high quality education which will help our students be competitive and successful in further studies and work.
Our values: we are trustworthy, open to cooperation, creative and rational.
We have 80 professional teachers, who use modern technologies and approaches in their work.
In 2007 we became a member of early language immersion programme. In 2011 we joined A.C.E. programme for intensive learning of English.
The school pays a lot of attention to sports, healthy life style and extra-curricular activities.
Our areas of priorities are humanities, ICT and environmental studies.
We have become a cooperation centre at local, national and international levels organising numerous projects and initiatives together with other schools, universities, cultural establishments, local authorities, non-governmental institutions and other social partners.
Our achievements in the sphere of environmental awareness:
1. Participation in world-wide GLOBE programme. The latest conference took part in September 2013 in our school. There were more than 100 participants from all over Estonia.
2. Organisation of local projects “Summer environmental camp”, “Observations of changes in Estonian nature”, “Environmental awareness as a style of life”, etc.
3. Students’ research works “Influence of oil shale used at Baltic and Estonian Power Stations on Narva air”, “Harmful substances in cosmetology”, “Examination of extent of absorption of ultraviolet radiation by transparent bodies”, „Studying the aspects of energy efficiency in various light sources“, etc.
4. Participation in local, national and international competitions in natural studies.
5. Annual organisation of energy saving weeks at school.
6. The school principal is a board member of Estonian Nature Protection Association, head of Narva department (http://www.elks.ee/content/eesti-looduskaitse-seltsi-juhatus)
Our achievements in the sphere of ICT:
1. The first place in robotics competitions, 22.03.2011
2. The award for the best project (Eesti FLL „First LegoLeague”, topic: «Food Factor»), November 2011
3. The award for the best project (Eesti FLL „First LegoLeague”, topic: «Senior Solution»), semifinal, November 2012
4. The award for the best design of robot (Eesti FLL „First LegoLeague”, topic: «Senior Solution»), March 2013
5. The award for the best design of robot (Eesti FLL „First LegoLeague”, topic: «Natura Fury»)
6. During four years we have been one of four pilot schools of Estonia in the project “Technological days with Robot Miku”
7. We took part in finals of Robotex 2012, Robotex 2013, RoboMiku 2012, RoboMiku 2014 competitions
8. We took part in finals of national IT quiz Kobras 2011, Kobras 2012, Kobras 2013
Our achievements in the sphere of humanities:
1. Participation in local, national and international competitions in English, Estonian and Russian languages, Arts and History.
2. Participation in Russian language world-wide project “Total dictation”.
3. Successful participation in Bilingual Olympiad organised by International School of Tomorrow.
4. Our teachers of humanities have achieved recognition at the local, national and international level.
5. Participation in the programme of early language immersion and A.C.E. programme for intensive learning of English.
6. Participation in projects of pupils’ exchanges with Estonian Sõmerpalu secondary school.
We are open to international cooperation in projects and initiatives which will support our students and teachers in their development and will be connected with our priority areas.
Address: Kangelaste, 32, Narva, Eesti, 20608 Registration code: 75008640 License: nr 2708HTM Info telephone: (+372) 3570749 e-mail:
Nadežda Tšerkašina tel: (+372) 3570750